- The majority of the work is performed in the field with limited office duties also required.
- This position reports to the Lead Electrical Lineworker(s) for daily assignments and field work activities
- Accurately track and assign job materials and equipment time to work orders.
Install, remove, operate and maintain the following-
- Overhead and underground primary and secondary distribution materials, including but not limited to wires, cables, poles, transformers, disconnects, fusing, switchgear, pedestals, anchors and guys.15kV rated equipment within the electric substations.
- SPU owned streetlighting facilities, including poles, wires, and fixtures for both LED and high-pressure sodium lighting.
- Perform all duties required to reliably terminate underground cable.
- Perform troubleshooting, power restoration and damage reparation duties, when necessary, in a safe, reliable, and
- Operate and maintain job related equipment, including but not limited to backhoes, bucket trucks, trenchers, cranes, pickups, skid steers, compressors, and fault finders.
- Clean, restock and prepare trucks for the following workday.
Work is primarily performed in field, near moving parts and in the outside weather conditions.
- The employee will be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, and vibration.
- Requires ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods under unfavorable weather conditions.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds.
Benefits Available after 90 days Full Time Employment: (Thorough explanations in Handbook)
- Retirement = 401K (matched %)
- Health Benefit = Monthly stipend
- Quarterly Tool Bonus
- PTO for Paid Holidays
- Supplemental Insurance Contribution
- Generous paid time off included and negotiable.
Out of Town Benefits
- Out of Town Pay Increase (Per Bid)
- Per Diem
- Drive time included as long as it’s included in the bid.